The Town Council delivers a number of additional 'added value' services in the area.
These are some of the things that we do:
- Litter picking.
- Emptying waste bins.
- Removing flytipped waste.
- Intermediate grass cuts (in addition to the grass cuts undertaken by the Borough Council).
- Gritting, and removing snow from some main walkways, in the winter.
- Cleansing of street name plates and signage.
- Cutting back shrubbery on roadsides, to improve sightlines.
- Maintenance on footpaths, i.e. cutting back shrubs, and removing overhanging branches, etc.
- Removing graffiti.
- Installation, removal, and watering of hanging baskets around the shopping centre (paid for by the landlords).
- Maintenance of raised planters.
- Other miscellaneous maintenance in the area.
The Town Council is also a statutory consultee for planning applications in Birchwood, and represents residents views on matters of local importance.
In our day to day activities, we work alongside other Councils, local housing associations, schools, the shopping centre, and local businesses, to keep the area clean and safe for all to enjoy.
We are often contacted by residents enquiring about pest control services, regarding rats, wasps, squirrels, etc.
Unfortunately, pest control is not a service that the Town Council can offer.
Warrington Borough Council does offer pest control services. For details of the Borough Council's pest control services, click here.